
Yesterday, which was on Sunday, after a rain which was almost like a storm, I saw a rainbow while I was on the bridge that connected the University of Calgary and the C-train station; it was the first time in my life to view the real rainbow. Although it was not the whole rainbow - I could only see the bottom part of the rainbow because there was a huge piece of gray cloud on the sky, I still felt excited. When I saw it, it gave me a special feeling which I never got before from the pictures of rainbow - I felt it looked like the mirage, the polar lights; it also looked like the crystal, the diamond. In brief, I finally though it should be the wonderland's being. I had already learned the reason of the appearance of the rainbow when I was in China, but I still was attracted by that fantastic rainbow. It was just above the Calgary's Tower. Watching it from such a far away place, it just looked like a bridge which connected between the Calgary's Tower and the sky. By that time I saw it, my mind had become a complete blank - I seemed a rabbit which was scared and stop walking. I forgot what the rainbow was - I forgot it was a refractive phenomenon, I forgot it was just a kind of light, I forgot it commonly appeared after raining - I forgot everything about the rainbow, but instead I only wanted to spend the time in appreciating how beautiful it was. I felt so regretful of why I did not have a camera or any machines that could take a photo at that time. I nearly did not want to leave until the rainbow disappeared. However, at that time I thought yet I did not finish the second draft of the third essay so I needed to go back home quickly; also, I was afraid it would rain again. Actually, I realized that those were just excuses - I would be an idiot if I stayed there at that time for watching the rainbow- but I had no choice. Therefore, I continued walking to the C-train station after I had stayed there for about five minutes, but I had made up my mind that I would never forget this experience.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment