
It lasted two days that my reading teacher Dr. A. Sengupta taught us how to make a good note during reading in order to help us be able to answer questions of an article by reading the article once. In my opinion, this is both difficult and useful for me. First, I am really weak in reading exams because I always chooses the wrong answers even though I can understand the article very well. I think the reason is that I am weak in figuring out the main point of an article. Therefore, Dr. A. Sengupta have really given me a helpful class in these two days. She taught us the strategies of note taking. When we are reading each paragraph of an article, we should writing the main ideas, main points, topics and examples of the paragraph. Also, we should think about how these ideas, points, topics and example connect. Furthermore, when we continue reading, we should pay attention to if the paragraph which we are reading has some relevant information to the prior paragraph, because in an excellent article, every paragraph has connection with other paragraph. In addition, from her class, I also find out that sometimes the main ideas or the main points can not be seen but they will hide behind some sentences like a conversation or a quote. Therefore, when we see a paragraph is almost full of conversation or quote, don't be confused but try to think about what these conversation or quote is expressing. All in all, although I may not be able to use these strategies well, at lease it leads to a direction of the skill of reading an article.
Actually, I can still see a dark, blurry future, but with brightness.
3 comments:
Yes, I agree with you that it is difficult to answer the questions correctly even though we understand the articles.
do not worry Kallin, we will get better in our skills of reading, it takes time to get use to that method while we are reading.
do your best...
you are strong..
Post a Comment