This morning I went to watch Calgary Stampede Show with my classmates. Though I have been in Calgary for one and half year, I did not go to watch the show last year because I needed to work in the morning. Fortunately, this time I did not need to work until afternoon so I had time to watch show. After the show, I had a feeling: it was not so exciting as my expectation, and unexpectedly it made me so tired. Actually, it was not bad; or I should say that it definitely could be considered to be a great show but just not wonderful enough as my expectation. The Calgary Stampede is one of the largest festivals in Canada, which has a ninety-five history so far. Originally, a stampede means a group of animal gets impulsed and runs around without direction. In the past if this phenomena appears in a farm, farmers which were called cowboy before may attempt to turn moving herds to run in cycle so that they would not destroy everything. Then, this activity turned into a competition: a cowboy-looked man tries to stop an impulsed animal, which usually is cow. Today, people consider the animals-strolling show as the a Stampede festival that is held in Calgary every year on July. Also, in Calgary there is not only the show for celebrating, but also a Stampede Park for us to visit. Unfortunately, I have never gone there. In my opinion, I think it may be just a common recreational park with some cowboys and horses. At the end, what I only want to mention is that despite the Stampede is great, at least we should take one chance to join this royal celebration.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Calgary Stampede
This morning I went to watch Calgary Stampede Show with my classmates. Though I have been in Calgary for one and half year, I did not go to watch the show last year because I needed to work in the morning. Fortunately, this time I did not need to work until afternoon so I had time to watch show. After the show, I had a feeling: it was not so exciting as my expectation, and unexpectedly it made me so tired. Actually, it was not bad; or I should say that it definitely could be considered to be a great show but just not wonderful enough as my expectation. The Calgary Stampede is one of the largest festivals in Canada, which has a ninety-five history so far. Originally, a stampede means a group of animal gets impulsed and runs around without direction. In the past if this phenomena appears in a farm, farmers which were called cowboy before may attempt to turn moving herds to run in cycle so that they would not destroy everything. Then, this activity turned into a competition: a cowboy-looked man tries to stop an impulsed animal, which usually is cow. Today, people consider the animals-strolling show as the a Stampede festival that is held in Calgary every year on July. Also, in Calgary there is not only the show for celebrating, but also a Stampede Park for us to visit. Unfortunately, I have never gone there. In my opinion, I think it may be just a common recreational park with some cowboys and horses. At the end, what I only want to mention is that despite the Stampede is great, at least we should take one chance to join this royal celebration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, my god. That was a million light years ago. Why are you yelling for now? -_-!
You surely are cheating a common. --+
Hy dude I have to tell you that you got amazing thing there about you. I was thinking this guy is great writer but later on I finde out that it is not your words there, but it is great choice fro your introduction. Be cool and I hope you wonte be driven crazy because of me...
You wrote something great about stampede.....Awsome.....
Kabiul.
good job kallin
i think you really need to spend more time out during the Stampede, so that you can enjoy the great festivals that The Calgary Stampede brings to us.
Your blog looks awesome. I was deeply impressed by all the organization of your blog.
Post a Comment