Sunday, July 1, 2007

Canadian National Day


Today is the Canadian National Day. However, there was little celebration. Because today is Sunday, I was supposed to open the Subway of campus. Although I went out from my home at about seven thirty, it was really quieter than usual. I hardly saw a car running on the road. That gave me a different feeling from my country’s national day. In China, before several days of the national day, we will already have some celebration shows on TV and activities in our schools. Also, in my city (I am not sure if other cities in China are the same), we will hang our national flag outside of the public building. Though people will not really be excited in the nation day, but I can still have a feeling: oh, Chinese National Day is coming. Now I am in Calgary, but I did not have any feeling of the Canadian National Day except hearing some mentions about the coming of the Canadian National Day. Still, Calgary people did have few activities, the greatest of which could be the fireworks at the evening. Just now - before a few minutes - there was some deep ringing sound outside of my apartment when I was doing some research. I immediately knew it was fireworks because I had heard from my friends that there would be fireworks tonight. Actually, after I came back from work, I have done some research about the origin of Canadian National Day. A long time ago, the aboriginal Canadian was Indian, but afterwards the Europeans arrived this land about one thousand year ago. Then, Canada became the colony of French and Britain. Until July 1, 1867 the confederation government of Canada was come into existence, so afterwards Canadian consider that date as the Canadian national day. In fact, it is interesting to explore the history of Canada.

2 comments:

Mr. Bannett said...

Hi callin,
Your topic is very great. Good for you man.
Thanks.
kabiul.

Sam said...

yo man
What did you do in canada national day?
Did you have a good time?
I think you used the whole holiday to work.
lol